NTI's portfolio of pipeline technologies includes the latest scientific advancement in metal nanocomposite material developed for cutting tools. Novel, super deep penetration (SDP) technology developed by Dr. S. Usherenko provides a process for obtaining commercial-ready nanocomposite metal material manufactured through the use of high energy impulse processing, which deposits dust-like substrate material wthin high speed steel.
- Longer cutter/bit life – operation/ maintenance savings
- Non-cancerous as to compare to WC/Co alloys
- Significant reduction of the fire / explosion hazard due to the "cold" sparkling.
- Up to 30% operational energy savings
- Self- sharpening effect – greater efficiency
- Increased life of the mining equipment -up to 5 times
- No catastrophic failure - elimination of the dynamic impact on machine
- Significant defense industry applicaitons